Thursday 5 April 2012

Smellie Hellies

A big problem for cyclists, or those that exercise regularly, is the aroma our kit takes on after a while.  Even highly technical fabrics that have been treated to combat the onset of the Smelly Helly usually succumb to this problem after months of abuse.

About 6 months ago I notice that my faithful Altura Night Vision Wind jacket was starting to take on a life of it's own so to that effect, I got some Halo Sports Wash via Tesco Direct for just four quid.  I wasn't too sure if it would manage to bring my jacket back to life, but I owed it to my work colleagues to give it a try.

It took a couple of washes using one and a half measures for "heavily soiled garments" to get working, but it did improve the aroma.  I did notice that the smell would come back, so I made sure that the jacket got washed after every ride along with my other kit and things have stayed on the straight and narrow.  

So I would say that Halo can help prolong the life of your sports kit, particularly if you ensure that kit gets washed soon after use and not left lying at the bottom of a gym bag or laundry tub.  It can take a bit of time to bring old kit back to life, and then it needs to be given the TLC it deserves.  If the discipline is followed with new kit then Halo can help you get a long life out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment