Friday 25 June 2010

Trial Run

In readiness for my C2C challenge ride next week I have spend the last few days sorting out "Oom Johan", so now I have "pimped my ride" tourist stylie.


So yesterday I took him out for a spin to work, down some old lanes and bridlepaths to see how he handles. Effortless took all the rought stuff thrown at him, but will need some adjustment to the brakes to give a more positive response when braking on the hoods.

The panniers on tha back catch the wind just lovely, but the low 34/29 gear will hopefully handle the Old Coach Road out of Keswick and across Thelkeld Common to Dockray - my only fear for next week.

Back to yesterdays ride and the return home wasn't back at all. A quick stint up Moss Lane, over the potholes and road debris, then up the bridlepath to Pink Green where I met a padlocked gate. Even in tourist mode, Oom Johan was easily thrown over then I followed.

Here are a couple of pics of Moss Lane and the bridle path.

No comments:

Post a Comment